Monday, November 17, 2014

Creative Blog Hop

Last week,  fellow Stampin' Pretty Pal Katie Ferguson (Cottage Paper) tagged me for the Creative Blog Hop. As part of this Hop, the participant provides information related to his or her creative process by discussing the following of these four items:

1. What projects am I currently working on?
I am constantly working on cards and 3-D projects for workshops, events and for giving away to friends, family & clients. I am really loving vellum & anything with bling and glitter right now, so you might say I "sparkle" a bit. Today is my anniversary. My husband and I have been married 33 years. Below is a sneak peek of the card I made him, which will be featured in a blog post tomorrow. 


2. How is my work different from other papercrafters?
Well...I don't know that my work is truly that different. I say this because I know I am strongly influenced by other artists I see on my favorite blogs and on Pinterest. However, many times, it is just a layout or color combination that I am influenced by. When I do the actually creating, it is more me than them. Of course, there are times when something is just TOO good not to CASE. The card above is quite like something I saw on Pinterest. I loved it so much, I had to put my spin on it and make it for my hubby.  

3. Why do I create the projects I create?
Creating for me is an integral part of who/what I am. I also love sharing  what I create, learn or "come up with", with others. This is why being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is such a good fit for me. 

4. My creative process...
When I am getting ready to come up with a new project, I normally will sit down with a cup of coffee and browse Pinterest. Not just to look at other cards or crafts.  Many times, it is to look at other types of artwork, such as paintings, sculptures and drawings. I also love to look at websites like Anthropoligie. Sometimes it's a plate or a vase that inspires the layout or colors on a card I make. Sometimes it's a layout in a fashion magazine that inspires me. Above all else, I love the creative process and adore happy accidents. 

As part of this hop, bloggers choose another blogger to "tag" and that blogger will then participate with a blog post the next week. I knew I wanted to tag a fellow Pal, but did have a hard time just choosing one! I chose Wendy Klein of DogGone Delightful Stampin'. Wendy's blog is one I regularly check in on to see what she is up to. You can tell she loves papercrafting and her warm personality (along with her obvious talent) comes through with every post she makes. Here is a little bit about Wendy:

Wendy Klein was born in Bismarck, North Dakota, but was raised from the age of two in the Front Range of Colorado.  She spent the first sixteen years of her adult career as a Legal Secretary/Paralegal, and is now an Engineering Aide with Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company following in her father's footsteps and carrying on the family tradition of his 29 years at the company.  Wendy is a creative soul who has always needed something to stimulate her creative juices, first pursuing embroidery, cross-stitching, scrapbooking, basket-making, and teaching herself to crochet; later a long-time "surrogate mom" taught her to quilt, and this has become her passion and first love.  During the past decade of pursuing her love of sewing, she discovered rubber stamping and paper crafting, and the Studio now serves as the sewing room and a place of pure stamping pleasure!  Wendy is thoroughly enjoying sharing her love of cards and creating with others, and spends most of her free time in her little Studio creating designs and dreaming of the next fun project.  With the Holidays coming, she is looking forward to crafting special gifts for all her friends and family.

Check out Wendy's blog www.doggonedelightfulstampin.com to see for yourself. Then check out her post next Monday to see her discussion of how she works. 

I hope your day is a creative one! Come back tomorrow for the details on the anniversary card I made for my hubby. 

Artfully Yours,
Kim 






2 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, I love your splatters!! Don't recognize that if it is a paper. Can't wait to see how you made them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog. If you like what you see, please sign up to follow me by email.