Monday, January 26, 2015

Enjoy Your Day!

There is something about a pop of sunshiny yellow that just makes me happy! When I made this card, I was kind of thinking about making something that could be one of those elusive "guy" cards. You know the ones...not TOO pretty, just the right amount of arty? 



This is how I achieved the cool texture on the black layer: I first used the Chevron Textured Embossing Folder. After giving it the chevron texture, I rubbed my Versamark pad across the raised areas quite liberally. Then I poured Stampin' Emboss Clear on it and tapped away trying to get the extra powder out of the grooves. Most of it would not budge. However, I ended up loving the effect of the clear powder in the random grooves. 


I used one of the Word Bubble dies to cut the shape from a piece of Daffodil Delight I had and the "enjoy" word was cut using one of the dies from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits available in the 2015 Occasions Catalog. Finished the whole thing off with a few randomly placed Candy Dots from the Brights collection and an envelope liner made using the Envelope Liner Framelits and Back to Black Designer Series Paper. 




I encourage you to try the technique I used for the black layer. Don't get too caught up in where the powder lands. Just go with it!

Product list:



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Sale-A-Bration is going on now! Earn yourself a FREE Stampin' Up! product gift with every $50 purchase. (before shipping & tax) See all of the Sale-A-Bration details here. 



Check out the Weekly Deals! Save up to 25% on the items below. There are also still some amazing items on the clearance rack. 



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Enjoy your Monday. As always, let me know if you have any questions about the project or any of the Stampin' Up supplies I've used. 

Artfully Yours,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog. If you like what you see, please sign up to follow me by email.